Warren Buffett (Berkshire Hathaway) Stock Portfolio – Update 2008 Q1
Warren Buffet’s Berkshire Hathaway stock updates for the first quarter of 2008:
BNI [ Burlington Northern Santa Fe]
– According to SEC, he also purchased shares a number of times in Jan 2008. First stake in 2nd quarter of 2007.
KFT [Kraft Foods]
– Added a large chunk this past quarter. First took a large stake in 4th quarter of 2007.
– First took a large stake in 3rd quarter of 2007
WFC [Wells Fargo]
USB [US Bancorp]
UNH [United Health]
IR [Ingersoll Rand]
SNY [Sanofi Aventis]
MTB [M&T Bank]
From P/E ratio metric alone, most of these companies look to be the cheapest they have ever been in years.
IRM [Iron Mountain]
– Already started reducing at least since 4th quarter of 2007.
AMP [Ameriprise Financial]
– Already started reducing at least since the 3rd quarter of 2007.
You can view the official SEC filing (May 14 2008) which discloses Berkshire Hathaway stock holdings here:
Warren Buffet’s teacher/mentor Benjamin Graham’s classic book The Intelligent Investor is available online from Amazon.ca/com. I have placed a link to the specific version/edition that I recommend. There are a few editions out, but this one has the Introduction and Appendix written by Warren Buffet (informative extra commentary). Chapters/Indigo is sold out at the moment but I added a link to the audiobook. However, I find having it in textual format is better for referencing. This book is a must read for followers of Warren Buffet, and the best investment book I ever read.
Let me know if you liked this article, or if there is something you want me to write about next time.